On Monday, a judge in Florida barred the disclosure of conclusive records linked to the death probe of actor and comedian Bob Saget.
Ninth Judicial Circuit Judge Vincent Chiu allowed the appeal of the Saget family for the permanent mandate, as per the court minutes acquired by WKMG.
The judge’s ruling came almost a month following the Saget family filing a lawsuit to bar the disclosure of a few records, mentioning privacy concerns.
According to a statement released by the Saget family representative Brian Bieber: “The entire family is grateful that the judge granted their request for an injunction to preserve Bob’s dignity, as well as their privacy rights, especially after suffering this unexpected and tragic loss.”
“We are pleased this issue has been resolved, and the healing process can continue to move forward. All of the prayers and well wishes continuously extended to the family are beyond appreciated,” he added.
In January, Saget was discovered in his hotel room in Orlando, Florida, already dead. The cause of his death, said the Orange County Medical Examiner’s office, was accidental and most probably because of head trauma due to falling. He was 65 years old.
On Monday, a source said that the Orange County, Florida, Sheriff’s Department has finished Saget’s death probe and published a final report on the subject.
The report’s conclusion aligns with the medical examiner’s findings that Saget’s death was purely accidental and no foul play happened, said a source. The official document is under the court verdict prohibiting the disclosure of any new information about the comedian’s passing.
Last month, Kelly Rizzo, Saget’s widow, and her three daughters dragged Orange County’s sheriff and the medical examiner’s office into court, demanding that investigation records linked to the death be spared from being released publicly due to their graphic nature of the report on the late actor.
“In the process of these investigations, Defendants created records which include photographs, video recordings, audio recordings, statutorily protected autopsy information, and all other statutorily protected information,” indicated in the lawsuit. “Upon information and belief, some of these Records graphically depict Mr. Saget, his likeness or features, or parts of him, and were made by Defendants during Defendants’ investigations.”
The family claims in the lawsuit that the disclosure of this data, may it be through a public records request or any other outlet, would cause them to “suffer irreparable harm in the form of extreme mental pain, anguish, and emotional distress.”